I’m glad that there is a holiday dedicated to giving thanks because, quite frankly, I’ve done a very poor job of being thankful this year. It has not been the easiest of times and amidst all the anxiety, exhaustion, and stress, I’ve had a hard time focusing on anything that is not urgent. That’s why Thanksgiving couldn’t have come at a better time for me. I need a couple of days to step back from it all and remember what I and my family have been blessed with.
- I’m thankful to God for keeping all of us in good health and in a safe place to live. I’m thankful we have the freedom to do as we please and worship as we please.
- I’m thankful for my beautiful, hard-working, and very patient wife. I know I’ve not been the easiest person to live with lately and I’m glad she still comes home every night and instead of fleeing elsewhere. I’m thankful she can still make me laugh even after the most frustrating and discouraging day.
- I’m thankful for two healthy beautiful girls. It’s hard to believe that two years ago this time they were so small and fragile, but they are starting become strong and develop inquisitive, loving personalities. I’m thankful that they are no longer one year olds and I’m especially thankful that in a year they will no longer be two-year olds. I’m thankful that spending time watching them is finally starting to feel less like work and more like play.
- Whatever I say about my job, I’m thankful to still be employed. I’m thankful that I am still able to provide for my family and that I’m challenged daily with problem solving and tests on my creativity.
- I’m thankful that we are in a stable financial state and able to put a bounty of food on our table tomorrow for Thanksgiving. We will be eating like royalty and we must not forget that not every one will be so fortunate.
- I’m thankful for family that enjoys getting together for the holiday. I’m thankful that Adriene loves my parents and I love her parents and that my parents and her parents enjoy seeing each other. I’m thankful that we have no drama at family gatherings and we have a good time.
- I’m thankful for music and art that still inspires me and spurs me on to be creative, even if I don’t have much time to implement anything lately.
- I’m thankful that there are better days to come yet. In the short term, there will be Christmas and a New Year. In the long term, there will be soccer games, dance recitals, family vacations and more.