The rules: Shuffle your iPod (or iTunes) and take the first 25 songs. Now take the first line of the lyrics of each of those songs. No cheating and skipping embarrassing songs! List out the first lines of each song. Now, it’s up to you, the reader to guess the songs. How many can you figure out? Drop a comment below with your guesses if you are so inclined.
1. How long before I get in? Before it starts? Before I begin?
2. I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord
3 Why do I have to fly over every town up and down the line?
4. Wake up! The dawn of another dull day. Take up your dreams and on your way
5. I know what you’re doing to me, boy. You move so fast like a psychopathic color TV
6. I’ve got my mind made up, I’ve got love you or leave you fast.
7. The day’s last one-way ticket train pulls in. We smile for the casual closure capturing
8. It’s a muggy night in Houston, all the intersections are like full-serve stations
9. It’s only a paper moon, sailing over a cardboard sea
10. I’m in shambles, blown to bits by our troubles
11. No I’m not sure where we’re going. I can’t even tell you where we are.
12. Where were you when you forget your name? When all faces look the same?
13. Turn off all the lights and let’s begin. Switch on all the dark and the music spin.
14. She was the one who caught the bouquet. The best of her best friend’s wedding day.
15. There’s tarnish on the golden rule and I want jump from this ship of fools.
16. The moon blindsided the sky again as we grab loose ends of the tide and then
17. Tom, get your plane right on time. I know your part will go fine.
18. I got this new drug and her name is Stella, fella.
19. I wish you out of the woods and into a picture with me.
20. The more you see the less you know. The less you find out as you go.
21. “What’s the frequency, Kenneth?” Is your Benzedrine, uh-huh?
22. He likes caviar. He likes champaigne. He calls his broker just to check his gain.
23. I want to float you like a cloud. I want to drink you like a flower drinks rain.
24. We brandish plastic swords, more of a game than a war. Nobody’s keeping score.
25. Well, it looks like five thousand miles broke the camel’s back.